Friday 7 February 2014




experiments of creating shadows and reflections with film

Layering Acetate 





































The acetate reflects the light from the projector casting random transparent textures onto the wall. The compositional structure that the reflections hold are really atmospheric as they appear to be floating. My next experiment was to build layers of acotae by looking at the way they reflected the light. The colours of the reflections changed depending on the colour that was being projected, i was able to control how the reflection looked depending on different type of materials and the way i manipulated it. The colours that work the best are ones where the projection has two different strong colours as they are most striking.

I think i need to think about and research more into environments within other artists work and how my structures can work within a space. I should think about scale and composition of the projection and of the shapes. I need to look more clearly at the images that i am using onto of the structure as well as changing the colour of the room from not being dark or white.
My process is developed into me taking photos and reapplying them to a new surface or building up layers of different imagery together to create a montage of colours and multi surfaces images. I think what was most successful about this shoot was the introduction to shadows and reflections. It is a good contrast to the bold and bright imagery. they balance out the light and shape within the space.





relationship to a space.